How much is the salary of a Bachelor of Computer Science’s graduate in South Africa?
Thursday, 20 October 2022
Computer science graduate salary varies widely depending on a number of variables, such as experience, ability, gender, and geography. Whe share the insights about the salary of a bachelor's degree in computer science in South Africa.
Digital systems and their Computer Science experts are the driving force behind Africa’s economic growth. This is something that South Africa can and must continue embracing in order to progress.
A record number of tech and digital job listings were made in 2022. Only 121,000 of South Africa's 26.8 million software developers are now employed.
It is obvious why digital expertise is hard to come by for South African businesses when 38% of African developers work for at least one company outside of the continent.
Computer science graduates produce more than simply the programs and apps that are used by several companies. Additionally, they are in charge of managing, maintaining, developing, and all other aspects of technology.
A profession in computer science offers thrilling chances to uncover fresh business uses for computer technology. We share the salary of a Bachelor in Computer Science in South Africa.
The vast majority of computer science occupations also offer highly competitive salaries and outstanding job security due to the superior technological skills they typically demand. This is only one of the many benefits of earning a degree in computer science.
Many students choose to pursue a computer science degree since it can provide them with the advanced skills they'd need to achieve.
What's a Bachelor of Computer Science salary in South Africa?
Computer scientists earn a wide range of salaries based on experience, aptitude, gender, and location.
An average computer scientist makes about 54,700 ZAR per month in South Africa. 26,800 ZAR is the lowest salary, and 85,300 ZAR among the highest.
According to Salary Explorer's research, this is the typical monthly wage, which also covers accommodation, transportation, and other benefits.
In Jobted's analysis, Computer Scientists in South Africa make an average yearly salary of R 401,900 (or R 33,490 gross per month), which is 42% higher than the average earnings for the nation.
A beginning computer scientist can expect to make R 175,700 on average. The highest salary might exceed R 893,000.
With less than three years of experience, an entry-level computer scientist in South Africa may expect earning an average gross monthly pay of R 17,000.
What position in computer science has the highest salary?
Compared to a mid-career computer scientist with 4–9 years of experience, a senior computer scientist with 10–20 years of experience earns an average salary of R 46,000.
Computer scientists with more than 20 years of experience can make more than R 60 000 per month, making them the best paid profession in the field.
The most significant factor affecting remuneration is experience level. Naturally, as you gain more experience, your compensation will rise. We looked at pay for computer scientists by level of experience and found this.
If you want to know more about what the jobs in this career click: Highest paying Computer science jobs in South Africa
Due to the superior technological abilities they normally require, the vast majority of computer science careers also offer extremely competitive incomes and excellent job security. One of the numerous advantages of getting a degree in computer science are:
- A computer scientist with less than two years of experience may expect to get an average monthly salary of 31,800 ZAR.
- An individual with between two and five years of experience can anticipate earning 40,800 ZAR per month, which is 29% higher than an individual with under two years of experience.
- A person with experience between five and 10 years will eventually earn 56,400 ZAR a month, which is 38% higher than someone with experience between two and five years.
- Additionally, the pay for computer scientists with ten to fifteen years of expertise is 24% higher than that for individuals with five to ten years of experience, coming in at 69,800 ZAR per month.
- A person with between fifteen and twenty years of experience can expect to make 74,800 ZAR a month, which is 7% more than someone with between ten and fifteen years of experience.
- Employees with more than twenty years of industry experience make 79,800 ZAR a month, which is 7% higher than employees with fifteen to twenty years of experience.
Everyone is aware that having a degree gives you the right to a better salary, but how much more can a degree boost your take-home pay?
We divided salaries for computer scientists by level of education in order to compare them.
- A computer scientist with a bachelor's degree makes an average salary of 37,300 ZAR a month.
- A master's degree holder makes 51,400 ZAR a month, which is 38% more than a bachelor's degree holder.
- A PhD holder makes 84,100 ZAR on average per month, which is 64% more than a master's degree holder.
As digital education gains traction with both students and educators, so will the need for more quality software development specialists.
This is bound to increase demand for such expertise and exert upward pressure on IT salaries as a whole.
In South Africa, digital technology professionals are among the best paid in the country, with the average salary for a computer science degree standing at roughly R890 000 per year in 2016.
The question is: what do you think the future of the Computer Science field is? How can we make sure that there are enough people with those qualifications when it’s time for them to join the job market?
Where can I study a Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree in South Africa
On our website, you can find out more about the best colleges in South Africa that grant a bachelor's degree in computer science, or you may click to discover more about the degrees offered by some of the best colleges there:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - University of the Witwatersrand
- Bachelor of Science with Honours in Computer Science - University of Johannesburg
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Stellenbosch University
- Bachelor of Science with Honours in Computer Science - Stellenbosch University
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting Science in Computer Science - Nelson Mandela University
- Bachelor of Commerce Honours in Computer Science - Nelson Mandela University
- Bachelor of Science Honours in Computer Science - Nelson Mandela University
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Pearson Institute of Higher Education.
Know MoreIf you would like to receive more information about these programs, please complete the registration form. On our official website, you can find all the courses you need to earn a computer science degree and boost your professional career.