The Master of Arts in History by Research in History is offered by Nelson Mandela University.
Program Length: 2 YEARS.
Master of Arts in History by Research offered by Nelson Mandela University at the Faculty of HumanitiesADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must have an Honours degree in History.
- Candidates who have passed the examinations on the grounds that they will be awarded the relevant degree by the University or on the grounds that the required status may later be granted to them, or who have in any other manner (e.g. RPL) attained a level of competence, which in Senate’s opinion is adequate for the purpose of postgraduate studies or research at the required level, may be accepted as candidates for the relevant degree.
- Apart from the general admission requirements, a candidate may be required to fulfil further requirements, e.g. supplementary work or an oral/written examination as prescribed by Senate.
- A prospective student must contact the relevant Head of Department or Director of School wherein his/her studies will take place, before applying for admission.
- An application for registration as a student for a postgraduate research qualification may, after approval by the Head of Department or Director of School, be processed by the Manager: Faculty Administration.
- Where applicable, a candidate must submit a research proposal for approval by the Faculty Postgraduate Studies Committee within the prescribed minimum period as stipulated in the postgraduate research policy. Once such approval has been obtained, an official research project is registered by the Manager: Faculty Administration.
- Unless the Faculty Postgraduate Studies Committee decides otherwise, no candidate will be allowed to continue with his/her studies if a research project has not been registered within the prescribed minimum period as stipulated in the postgraduate research policy.
The qualification shall extend over one year of full-time or two years of part-time study.