The Bachelor of Commerce in International Trade in Economics is offered by North West University.
Program Length: 3 YEARS.
Bachelor of Commerce in International Trade offered by the North West University at the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
The qualification offers specialist knowledge of the international trade environment, together with an understanding of the export process/logistics through the use of present-day applications. Students develop skills in the analysis of trade databases, the identification of export opportunities and in the estimation of economic models.Typical tasks include:
- Optimise business growth possibilities in other nations
- Observe the merchandising or sales investigations and their results
- Form and develop foreign trade associates
- Compile policies, standard principles and regulations of trade goods and commodities
- Analyse data on various international or global merchandising, selling and sales styles
- Trade relations
- Trade practice
- Cargo movement/logistics
- Trade analysisDegree optionsBCom Economics with International TradeDegree duration: 3 years, full timeOffered at: Potchefstroom [P] and Vanderbijlpark [V]BCom Economics with International Trade- Extended ProgrammeDegree duration: 4 years, full timeOffered at: Vanderbijlpark [V]Career opportunitiesEconomistEconomic or international trade consultantsAny position within the import and export process (e.g. logistics or procurement for retailers such as Shoprite Checkers or Pick n Pay)Government departments such as the Department of Trade and Industry, National Treasury as well as the South African Reserve BankPositions in banks, financing companies and provincial trade and investment promotion organisationsExport credit insurance and risk analysts