Big Data: discover its importance and why professionals in this field of study are highly demanded
Wednesday, May 20, 2020
The Bachelor of Science with Honours in Big Data Analytics programme is designed by the School of Computer Science and Applied Mathematics at the University of the Witwatersrand to blend multi-disciplinary subjects together and to provide students with the research and professional skills to master and design smart technologies.
- Reducing costs: thanks to Big Data, companies are able to identify more efficient ways of doing business.
- Time reduction: The high speed of tools like Hadoop and in-memory analytics can easily identify new sources of data which helps businesses analyze data immediately and make quick decisions based on the learnings.
- New Product Development: it is extremely important to know the trends of customer needs and satisfaction through analytics because it helps companies create products according to the wants of customers.
- Understand the market conditions: analyzing big data can help you improve your understanding of current market trends. You can get ahead of your competitors if you analyze customers’ purchasing behaviours because you can find out which are the products that sell the most.
- Control online reputation: Big data can also analyze customers’ responses about your product or your company because it can do sentiment analysis. This will enable you to improve the online presence of your business.
Why study the Bachelor with Honours in Big Data Analytics offered by the University of the Witwatersrand?